so long inle lake…

It was a very early departure leaving Inle Lake.  A boat ride, then a taxi to take us to the airport in Heho for the flight to Yangon in Myanmar.  As magical as it was…in all honesty, the boat ride leaving the Inle Princess Resort that morning was a little concerning.  There was so much mist and fog…often only a few visible feet as the boat went zipping cautiously along.  But, I kept repeating in my head…he knows what he’s doing…he knows what he’s doing…and sure enough he did.  We were lucky to have the same boat driver during our four days and he took such good care of us.

foggy morning at inle lake, myanmar

morning at inle lake, myanmar

foggy morning at inle lake, myanmar

foggy morning at inle lake, myanmar

foggy morning at inle lake, myanmar

Cezu timbadeh (thank you!) to the boat driver!

early morning in Heho, Myanmarcollecting alms in the early morning…it was so cold!

morning in heho, myanmar

on the road to heho, myanmar

on the road to heho, myanmar

The best four days ever!  Only a taste…so much more to experience in the Inle Lake area of Myanmar…

like trekking in Kalaw and visiting remote hill tribes…hmm…!

This entry was posted in tales of other cities and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink. Follow any comments here with the RSS feed for this post. Post a comment or leave a trackback: Trackback URL.

9 Comments

1. Posted February 18, 2014 at 8:35 pm by Virginia | Permalink

Wow Frissy, what an amazing experience you had… Thank you so much for sharing with us. Can’t wait for the next adventure. XoXo

2. Posted February 18, 2014 at 9:32 pm by Katrin | Permalink

So cold – and all of them are barefoot … mystic river photos, I’d say!

3. Posted February 19, 2014 at 2:32 am by Susan | Permalink

Your b&w images really convey the mood and the cold, I was holding my breath for you on the early morning boat ride and I love how you honored your driver by letting him sparkle in his beautiful full blue color!

4. Posted February 19, 2014 at 6:23 am by Ginnie | Permalink

All the B&W (except for your driver!!!) is perfect for these foggy images, Robin. I know you hated having to leave that magical place! What an experience…!

5. Posted February 19, 2014 at 2:21 pm by Soledad | Permalink

Myanmar is a magical place – the photos are alive and with my imagination, I can actually feel myself walking by your side. I woke up this morning with a voice in my head reminding me to check your blog!!! Thank you so, so much for sharing!!! BB

6. Posted February 20, 2014 at 4:27 am by E'claire | Permalink

The black and white photos are perfect!!! I am so loving Myammar! Glad I can experience through your amazing photo graphs and words. xoxox

7. Posted February 20, 2014 at 2:31 pm by Sajjad Khani | Permalink

beautiful photos

wonderful

8. Posted February 21, 2014 at 9:50 pm by Elena Caravela | Permalink

You are such a fine photographer. Stunning.

9. Posted February 26, 2014 at 6:34 am by Karen | Permalink

I was amazed how cold it was at the lake! But your pictures capture the morning mood fabulously!