a little different view of inle lake

inle lake, myanmar

inle lake, myanmar

inle lake, myanmar

Inle Lake, Myanmar

Inle Lake, Myanmar

Inle Lake, Myanmar

Inle Lake, Myanmar

A little Miksang…a little abstract…a touch of macro…a mishmash!

I was hoping to share some polaroids from my SX-70 camera as well, but unfortunately the United States Post Office let me down.  The film was ordered in plenty of time, the good folks at the Impossible Project filled the order and mailed it within 24 hours (priority shipping I might add) and then it sat in New Jersey…and sat in New Jersey and continued to sit in New Jersey half-way through the trip.  Thus the reason there are no polaroids to share with you.  Trust me, I was pissed.

I’m sure you’re tiring of Inle Lake by now, so just a couple more posts and we’re done.  Then we’ll head to Yangon, the former capital of Myanmar.   Yangon is a big city for Myanmar and the one to experience the Shwedagon Pagoda consisting of hundreds of colorful temples, stupas and statues reflecting the architectural era spanning almost 2,500 years.  An incredible visual treat as well as a few others!  Stay tuned!

P.S. Happy Valentine’s Day!

This entry was posted in tales of other cities and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink. Follow any comments here with the RSS feed for this post. Post a comment or leave a trackback: Trackback URL.

8 Comments

1. Posted February 15, 2014 at 1:32 am by Susan | Permalink

A beautiful mishmash! I love the soft golden trees the most. Happt heart day to you, too.

2. Posted February 15, 2014 at 7:53 am by Ginnie | Permalink

Tired of Inle Lake by now??? ARE YOU KIDDING ME! I feel like we’re just getting started, Robin. I love what you’re showing us….

3. Posted February 15, 2014 at 12:17 pm by Virginia | Permalink

And a perfect mishmash it is for sure.. I love the colorful scarfs the best, then the window with the too short and torn curtain… Great photos frissy. XoXo

4. Posted February 15, 2014 at 6:50 pm by Katrin | Permalink

Pure Zen. And I would happily stay with you at Inle Lake with every photo you have taken there. Such a pity with the Polaroids!

5. Posted February 16, 2014 at 12:04 pm by shooter | Permalink

A beautiful collection the first is a belter

6. Posted February 17, 2014 at 5:25 am by E'claire | Permalink

Really enjoying all the photo”s and details of this trip thus far. It never get’s old. :) Love the golden trees and the last photo. I can’t even imagine how cool the photo”s would have been with your Polaroids. xoxo

7. Posted February 21, 2014 at 9:53 pm by Elena Caravela | Permalink

Another brilliant set!

8. Posted February 26, 2014 at 6:16 am by Karen | Permalink

Each one is just fabulous! The lake was my favorite place…. And the Princess Inle Resort?