A new beginning…a blank canvas. Ok…three blank canvases.
But we’ll get to that in a second.
It’s time for a second New Moon to close out this month…known as the Black Moon. Did you know that a black moon occurs when there are two new moons within the same month…a rare celestial event that only happens approximately once every 32 months? I didn’t. So I was intrigued and wanted to know more…from an astrology perspective.
So here are some key points that I learned when I researched about our September/October new moon…
- New Moon’s are all about releasing and letting go so the new can emerge…a chance to start again, to move forward into the next phase.
- Traditionally, Black Moon’s are ultra feminine and represent a time of great awakening and clarity.
- During this New Moon, one should pay attention to what comes into one’s life as it will be a major influence in the weeks to come.
- This Black Moon is really going to give you an amazing push in the right direction if you’ve been building new ideas or projects.
- One should celebrate this New Moon by doing something really wonderful for oneself, as well as being ready for new adventures and new beginnings!
So what makes the timing all of this interesting and exciting? For the past week, I’ve been in Arizona preparing my studio for the winter months. Not only will I continue my storied objects project of photographing family and travel treasures…but my little space is so ready for an explosion of creativity and I can’t wait to share more! And it definitely starts with these three blank canvases.